Agribusiness is a broad sector, but we’ve got you covered. We can provide you with commercial and property-related legal advice to help you achieve your goals.
EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE:
As leaders in the sector it would be fair to say that agribusiness is in our firm’s blood. With a long history of acting for local farmers and orchardists, we now have clients right through the supply chain from farm to market, including investors, service providers, farm/orchard managers, packers, marketers and exporters.
In recent years we’ve acted for Zespri, various post-harvest companies, entities setting up new models for fruit supply, licensing of ‘club’ varieties and joint-venture marketing and distribution.
Our longest association has been with the kiwifruit industry and Zespri. Kiwifruit alone accounts for around 20% of the region’s GDP. More recently we've been working on very large dairy farm deals in the South Island, and working with clients with different kinds of agricultural produce including apples, avocados, feijoa, berry fruit, hops, fish farming and sheep milk.
Talk to us about:
- Orchard/farm sale, purchase and leasing.
- Set-up and operation of syndicated ownership structures.
- Farm/orchard management agreements.
- Plant Variety Rights and licensing of plant varieties.
- Produce supply and procurement agreements and terms of trade.
- Marketing and distribution agreements and licences.
- Kiwifruit industry (all aspects of it).
- Dairy farm transactions.
- Overseas investment into New Zealand.
- Structuring collective/collaborative business models across the supply chain.