Corporate & Commercial Solicitor
2+ years PQE
We currently have a role available in our Corporate and Commercial team.
This role involves working with a mixture of private clients, family businesses, SMEs and corporate clients in the areas of:
Advice on business structures, financing arrangements, company law issues, IT contracts, privacy matters & general commercial property matters;
Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts;
Assisting with business/share sales, due diligence and other transactional work.
We are a mid-sized law firm in Tauranga delivering quality and pragmatic solutions to a wide range of corporate, commercial, local authority and private clients both locally and nationally. Here at Cooney Lees Morgan we pride ourselves on our staff retention and have some of New Zealand’s brightest young lawyers working for us because they find their work challenging and rewarding with the benefit of working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We would like you to be part of our fantastic team if you have the following skills:
- Ideally 2+ years PQE
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Excellent academic record
- Pragmatic thinker – solutions focussed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong client service philosophy both in-house and with clients
- Strength and passion for building networks within your practice and the community
- Passionate about the law
- Excellent computer and keyboard skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to delegate to and assist less experienced staff members
In return we can offer you:
- a diverse range of high quality work
- a supportive firm with a great team culture
- modern offices in the CBD
- modern technology
Our solicitors chose Cooney Lees Morgan because they wanted more: not just professional challenge, but also the quality of life that is only possible living in the beautiful Bay of Plenty. If you want more information on why you should choose us visit our website www.cooneyleesmorgan.co.nz
If you have the skill-set we require we’d love you to join us so please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV and covering letter.
If you have any queries regarding this position please email Chris at email@example.com