At Cooney Lees Morgan, we're all about having the best and brightest legal professionals on our team.
As a mid-sized law firm based in Tauranga, we're proud to provide quality and pragmatic solutions to a range of corporate, commercial, local authority, and private clients both locally and across the country. Our teams tackle challenging and rewarding work that's both sophisticated and wide-ranging.
We've fostered an encouraging and supportive environment in our modern CBD offices. We're continuously striving to make our workplace more inclusive and we believe that different experiences, perspectives, and values working together lead to better outcomes. If you have the right skill set, we'd love to have you on board!
Our people choose Cooney Lees Morgan not only for the professional challenge but also for the quality of life that living in the beautiful Bay of Plenty brings. So, if you're thinking of taking your career to the next level, come join us and experience the difference for yourself!
Applications Close When position filled
Position Level 5+ years PQE
We currently have a senior role available (5+ years PQE) for a solicitor specialising in employment law and/or civil litigation. The role also includes other dispute resolution work.
Cooney Lees Morgan is a leading regional law firm based in Tauranga delivering quality and pragmatic solutions to a wide range of corporate, commercial, local authority and private clients both locally and nationally. Our lawyers choose to work here because of the challenging and rewarding work on offer, coupled with the benefit of working in a supportive and collaborative environment, and the outstanding Bay of Plenty lifestyle we enjoy.
We would like you to be part of our fantastic team if you have the following skills/attributes:
- A strong academic record with excellent research, drafting and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrates a pragmatic, focussed approach and looks to solve problems;
- Understands the importance of client relationships and has the ability to network with clients and potential referrers of work;
- A passion for the law
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a wider team;
- Willingness to assist and mentor less experienced members of the team;
- A sense of humour.
In return we can offer you:
- A diverse range of high quality work;
- The opportunity to work alongside experienced, accessible Partners and other senior staff;
- A supportive firm with a great team culture and rich history;
- Modern offices in the Tauranga CBD; and
- The technology to allow you to perform at a high level.
We continuously strive to make our workplace more inclusive, believing that different experiences, perspectives, and values working together lead to better outcomes.
If you have the skill-set we require we’d love you to join us so please apply by email to email@example.com with a current CV and covering letter.