At Cooney Lees Morgan, we're all about having the best and brightest legal professionals on our team.
As a mid-sized law firm based in Tauranga, we're proud to provide quality and pragmatic solutions to a range of corporate, commercial, local authority, and private clients both locally and across the country. Our teams tackle challenging and rewarding work that's both sophisticated and wide-ranging.
We've fostered an encouraging and supportive environment in our modern CBD offices. We're continuously striving to make our workplace more inclusive and we believe that different experiences, perspectives, and values working together lead to better outcomes. If you have the right skill set, we'd love to have you on board!
Our people choose Cooney Lees Morgan not only for the professional challenge but also for the quality of life that living in the beautiful Bay of Plenty brings. So, if you're thinking of taking your career to the next level, come join us and experience the difference for yourself!
Applications Close When position filled
Position Level 3-5 years + PQE
Cooney Lees Morgan is a leading regional law firm based in Tauranga delivering quality and pragmatic solutions to a wide range of corporate, commercial, local authority and private clients both locally and nationally. Our lawyers choose to work here because of the challenging and rewarding work on offer, coupled with the benefit of working in a supportive and collaborative environment, and the outstanding Bay of Plenty lifestyle we enjoy.
The successful candidate will work in our Dispute Resolution and Local Government Practice Group (specifically in the Civil Litigation and Employment sub-team) with the focus on:
- Legal research;
- The preparation of legal advice and opinions;
- Drafting a range of court documents including pleadings, evidence and legal submissions;
- Appearing in Court and Tribunals;
- Dealing with both contentious and non-contentious employment issues (acting mainly for the Employer);
- Working with a number of well-established and significant clients.
What we are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent legal research and opinion-writing skills;
- Is curious and eager to learn and develop;
- Demonstrates a pragmatic, focussed approach and looks to solve problems;
- Understands the importance of client relationships and has the ability to network with clients and potential referrers of work;
- Has ideally at least 3 years PQE with NZ experience;
- Has a strong academic record;
- Prioritises attention to detail, meeting deadlines and providing a high level of service;
- Can work both autonomously and as part of a wider team.
We continuously strive to make our workplace more inclusive, believing that different experiences, perspectives, and values working together lead to better outcomes. We work in modern and comfortable offices in Tauranga and Matamata.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV, academic record and covering letter.