At Cooney Lees Morgan, we're all about having the best and brightest legal professionals on our team.
As a mid-sized law firm based in Tauranga, we're proud to provide quality and pragmatic solutions to a range of corporate, commercial, local authority, and private clients both locally and across the country. Our teams tackle challenging and rewarding work that's both sophisticated and wide-ranging.
We've fostered an encouraging and supportive environment in our modern CBD offices. We're continuously striving to make our workplace more inclusive and we believe that different experiences, perspectives, and values working together lead to better outcomes. If you have the right skill set, we'd love to have you on board!
Our people choose Cooney Lees Morgan not only for the professional challenge but also for the quality of life that living in the beautiful Bay of Plenty brings. So, if you're thinking of taking your career to the next level, come join us and experience the difference for yourself!
Applications Close When position filled
Position Level 4+years
If you are an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer seeking an enviable work life balance, here is your opportunity to join New Zealand’s leading regional law firm offering the highest quality legal work for a broad range of clients including national and international corporates, private equity firms, family offices, SMEs and early stage ventures. In this role, you will be:
- Advising on business structures, financing arrangements, company law issues, IT contracts, privacy matters & general commercial matters
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Assisting with all forms of business sales, due diligence and other transactional work
What we’re looking for
- NZ admitted lawyers with approximately 5 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law (but if you have a little more or a little less, we'd still like to hear from you!)
- Previous experience in a broad range of commercial and corporate law transactional/M&A work
- An ability to work autonomously, take the lead on files and mentor more junior legal staff
- Commercially astute
- Strong client service orientation
About the Firm
At this firm you will enjoy the very best of all things – small and friendly enough to care but big enough to do excellent work and have great clients. Working in this beautiful location you will live a truly enviable lifestyle the best of the beach and outdoors are all right at your doorstep.
If you are looking for a professional challenge and a high quality of life, ensure your future success and enjoy maximum job satisfaction as a highly valued member of this thriving law firm.
At Cooney Lees Morgan we've fostered an encouraging and supportive environment in our modern CBD offices. We're continuously striving to make our workplace more inclusive and we believe that different experiences, perspectives, and values working together lead to better outcomes. If you have the right skill set, we'd love to have you on board.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV, academic record and covering letter.