Litigation and Local Government Solicitor
The role covers a range of litigation including:
- A wide variety of civil litigation.
- Local government enforcement and prosecution.
There is also an opportunity to do a limited amount of private paying criminal defence work, eg. acting for clients who are defendants in regulatory prosecutions/acting for long-standing clients who have been charged with traffic offences etc.
Ideally you have:
- A minimum of 5 years PQE with at least some NZ experience.
- An excellent academic record.
- Strong writing skills.
- A mix of prosecution and civil experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for the law.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- The willingness to assist less experienced staff members.